Early to Mid-Career Researchers Prize
What kinds of activities are subsidised?
The Early to Mid-Career Researchers Prize has been designed to enable participation in a wide range of activities which enhance the personal and professional development of early to mid-careers researchers or students in the field of international agricultural development.
Activities could include, but are not limited to:
- Research programs
- Work experience and virtual internships
- Domestic or international conferences (preference is given to applicants who will be presenting)
- Professional development workshops
Who is eligible?
- Undergraduate, postgraduate, and HDR students with an interest and/or focus in international agricultural development
- Early to mid-career researchers (up to 15 years post-PhD, excluding interruptions) with an interest and/or focus in international agricultural development
Additionally, applicants must be a member of the RAID Network to be eligible for the RAID Early to Mid-Career Researchers Prize. Applicants can sign up to become members for free at: https://raidnetwork.crawfordfund.org/sign-up/
Up to $500 for domestic activities
Up to $1000 for international activities
Application due dates
|Round||Application due date||Activity commencement date|
|1||30th January||February to April|
|2||30th April||May to July|
|3||30th July||August to October|
|4||30th October||November to January|
How applications are assessed
- Application will be based on relevance to international agriculture research for development and personal development opportunity
- Activity must be relevant to applicant research or field of study
If the application is successful the applicant will be required to submit a 500 word blog/report on the activity and how the prize aided in their professional or personal development within 4 weeks of activity completion. Funding will be awarded to the applicant as a reimbursement or detailed invoice from the activity and this will be paid on the applicants behalf. Prizes will not be awarded for activities commencing outside the period outlined for each round in the application due date section. The prize selection panel will convene to assess all applications and funding will be awarded accordingly. All successful and unsuccessful students will be notified by email within four weeks of the closing dates.
For more information please contact the RAID central committee.