RAID Network Capacity Building Workshop_Darwin
Charles Darwin University
After the success of our ‘Agricultural Research Leadership and Management’ workshops in Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart and Wagga Wagga, Researchers in Agriculture for International Development (RAID) and the Crawford Fund are thrilled to bring this workshop to Darwin for the first time!
The workshop will be held from 9th to 10th September at WFD 3.08, Waterfront, Charles Darwin University.
About the workshop
The workshop will provide an introduction to managing and leading in the context of research for development; and enable each participant to develop a set of actionable outcomes as a result of participation.
- Understand the basic concepts of managing and leading
- Build self-awareness of your own styles and preferences and understand how these impact both your perceptions and how you interact with people
- Explore people management, and the way people work with and respond to each other
- Gain skills in providing and receiving feedback, and how to manage conflict
- Learn about how to manage up-wards
- Understand models that integrate evaluation and planning
- Explore processes for effective project management
- Plan a process of on-going self-directed learnin
- The workshop will be a combination of seminar style presentations, class and group discussions and group exercises
For more information, download the pdf here